Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Disney Beer of the Week - Bohemia



You've just wrapped up your Future World touring.  Your hair is all messy from the high speed loop on Test Track. After you make it across the long pathway towards the World Showcase Lagoon, you have two choices. Left or right. I say go left. Why? I'm thirsty. I want a flavorful beer, that is crisp, slightly bitter, dry, and refreshing. I want a Bohemia. The pride of Moravia made in Mexico.

Three reasons I love this beer.

1. It is a great Czech/Bohemian Pilsner. It showcases the Czech Saaz hop's floral and spicy peppery aroma and flavor.  Its supported by just enough body and bready malt flavors to balance, yet remains highly drinkable.

2. I can't buy it anywhere exept at the Mexico pavilion in Epcot. I'm not sure who distributes this beer, but it is not available in South Florida. It is also head and shoulders above the other beer selections available at the pavilion.

3. It is the perfect beer to start a beer journey around World Showcase. There is not one overwhelming flavor, and it keeps your palate fresh for                                                        the rest of the afternoon.




Please, don't put a lime in this beer. At least try a few sips without it if you must. Those limes are for beers with offensive aromas and flavors. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones in clear and green bottles?

No comments: